Easy mushroom spaghetti with caramelized onions and a handful of parmesan and parlsey on top of it. YUM !
Ingredients : Easy mushroom spaghetti
Don't hesitate to play with the proportions to make it your own recipe !
- Large yellow onion: This versatile vegetable adds a sweet and savory flavor to the dish. It's important to chop it finely so that it cooks evenly with the other ingredients.
- Button mushrooms: These mild-flavored mushrooms are perfect for pasta dishes, as they absorb the flavors of the other ingredients. Cut them into thin slices so they cook quickly and evenly.
- Miso paste: This Japanese ingredient adds a savory, umami flavor to the dish. It's made from fermented soybeans and is a great way to add depth to vegetarian dishes.
- Grated parmesan: It adds a nutty, salty flavor to the dish. Use freshly grated parmesan for the best flavor.
- Pasta water: Don't forget to reserve some pasta water before draining the spaghetti! It's starchy and flavorful, and can be used to thin out the sauce or help it adhere better to the noodles.
- Chopped parsley: This bright and fresh herb adds a pop of color and flavor to the finished dish. Sprinkle it on top just before serving.
- Chili flakes (optional): For those who like a bit of heat, a sprinkle of chili flakes adds a subtle kick to the dish. Add it to taste.
- First, cut onions into thin strips and cook them until they turn a lovely translucent golden color.
- Then, cook spaghetti in salted boiling water and reserve ½ cup of pasta water.
- The third step is to cook mushrooms in the same pan as the onions with a little butter.
- After that, you can add caramelized onions, miso paste, spaghetti, parmesan, and pasta water to the mushrooms.
- Stir constantly until the sauce is creamy and evenly coats the pasta.
- And finaly, garnish with basil, parsley, and chili flakes (optional) and serve hot.
Simply toss sweet, caramelized onions and mushrooms with al dente spaghetti and enjoy a satisfying meal that's perfect for any occasion.
1 large yellow onion
220g button mushrooms
1 tbsp miso paste
30g grated parmesan
½ cup pasta water
chopped parsley for topping
chili flakes (optional)
Salt to taste
- Cut the onion into thin strips. Cook it in a pan with the butter over medium to medium low heat for about 30 minutes, stirring frequently. At this point, the onion should be caramelized. If not, don't worry, let it cook a little more. Don't hesitate to add a little water from time to time to prevent the onion from sticking.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water. Keep ½ cup of pasta cooking water, then drain and set aside.
- In the same pan as for the onions, add a little butter if necessary and cook the mushrooms (cut into strips) over medium to high heat until they are slightly browned.
- Add the caramelized onions, miso paste, spaghetti, parmesan and ¼ cup pasta water to the pan with the mushrooms. Stir constantly until the sauce is creamy and evenly coats the pasta. Adjust the amount of pasta water as needed to achieve a smooth and silky texture.
- Garnish with basil, parsley, and chili flakes (optional). Serve hot and enjoy!
- Since miso and parmesan are already salted, be careful how much salt you add to the recipe.
- Take your time to caramelize the onions. The cooking process should be slow and gentle to allow the onions to become golden brown and sweet.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Pan
- Cuisine: European
Keywords: mushroom, spaghetti, mushroom Spaghetti, mushroom pasta